In the frame of “Improving Tourism Offer in the Highlands of Albania and Kosovo” a training on Customer Care was organized for 12 days (6 session by 2 days).
The first round of training sessions were organized in Kosovo and respectively in Gjakova, Decan and Peja on the following dates: November 29-30, 2018, December 03-04/05-06, 2018.
The second round was organized in Albania and respectively in Has, Tropoja and Valbona on the following dates: December 11-12/13-14/17-18, 2018.
There were 90 persons (45 in Kosovo and 45 in Albania) trained on this topic.
The objectives of the training were:
-To enhance the capacity and knowledge of six target groups in Good Customer Care and offer better tourism services;
– To introduce successful models on improving Customer Care (Good practices for collecting wild forest fruits and medicinal herbs);
– To create effective communication between the offer and the client;
During the training sessions:
– It emphasized the importance of Customer Care in the project area, seen this linked with development of tourism in the region;
– Discussions were stimulated in identifying challenges and problems in regards with Customer Care in the cross-border region;
– It was offered knowledge that can contribute to improved team work, motivation, lidership, strategic planning, staff involvement and access to process.
The training raised awareness of the small-scale production and service business on best use of natural resources for tourism attraction, transmit information to influence attitude and behavior regarding Customer Care, as a way to improve tourism attraction as a way to promote the economic development in the project area.